Novel Wines Shortlisted in Decanter Retailer Awards
Our team is so ecstatic to discover we have been shortlisted in the Decanter Retailer Awards 2019. Judges have chosen Novel Wines as one of three UK retailers to be crowned the Specialist Retailer of the Year for central and eastern European wines.
We've worked really hard to build a list of truly unique wines and it's a real honour to receive such amazing recognition. We're off to the awards ceremony on 26 September 2019 to see whether or not we've won, so keep your fingers and toes crossed!
Thanks so much for all your support, you're all wonderful customers and we couldn't do it without you!
According to Decanter, here's why the Retailer Awards exist:
"The annual Decanter Retailer Awards aim to offer wine drinkers an indispensable guide to the best retail experience, and champion the very best wine retailers in the UK."
The 2019 judging panel featured:
- Peter Richards MW, Judging panel Chairman. Peter is a wine writer and TV presenter, he also regularly contributes to Decanter magazine.
- Andy Howard MW gained his Master of Wine qualification in 2011 and was the buyer for M&S for over 30 years. Today Andy owns his own wine consultancy and writes regularly for JancisRobinson.com
- Peter Ranscombe is a well-known Scottish writer and regularly contributes to Scottish Field and The Winerist.
- Matt Walls was named 2015's Wine Blogger of the Year by the International Wine and Spirits Competition; he is the author of the award-winning book Drink Me and a regular contributor to numerous drinks publications.
- Laura Clay has over 30 years in the wine business. Today she is a renowned wine educator and Chair of the Association of Wine Educators.