Courgette, pea, feta & mint fritters
These herby and fresh bites are not only great for you but they’re delicious too. Sweet pea, soft courgette, cool mint and crumbly feta combine for a taste sensation. All of these flavours stand up to our full bodied, creamy South African white Babylonstoren Viognier. It’s a pairing everyone should try.
- 3 small courgettes
- 100g garden peas (defrosted)
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 15g mint (leaves only), finely chopped
- 250g plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 250ml sparkling water
- A splash of olive oil
- Grate the courgettes into a sieve and salt them generously. Leave to stand over a sink for five minutes, then squeeze out as much water as possible.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, egg and sparkling water along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Keep whisking until all lumps have dissolved and you are left with a thick batter.
- Stir the courgettes, peas, feta and chopped mint into the batter until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large (preferably non-stick) frying pan at a medium heat. Add the batter in 2tbsp amounts, leaving a little space between each fritter.
- Fry the fritters for a few minutes on each side until they are golden-brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with sriracha for dipping and a green salad on the side, if you like.