The big, fruity flavours of a port like Quady’s Batch 88 are the perfect match for chocolate. These truffles, studded with fresh, juicy pieces of cherry and rolled in chopped hazelnuts, make the ideal after-dinner treat and will seriously impress your guests – but shhh, don’t mention how easy they are to make.
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150ml double cream
- 50g chocolate
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- A handful of fat black cherries
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- Start by warming the butter and double cream in a small pan, until the butter has melted and the cream is just starting to froth.
- Next, break up the chocolate in a bowl, and pour the warmed cream and butter over the top. Stir until the chocolate melts and you have a smooth, well-combined mixture.
- Remove the stones from the cherries and chop them as finely as you can, then stir them through the chocolate. Cover the bowl and put in the fridge overnight.
- To finish the truffles off, first spread the chopped hazelnuts out on a plate. Scoop out a spoonful of the set chocolate mixture and use your hands to shape it into a ball around the size of a cherry. Roll in chopped hazelnuts and repeat with the rest of the mixture. Store in the fridge until you want to serve.