Novel Wines is named Best Specialist Retailer - Central & Eastern Europe for the 4th year running
Novel Wines has been crowned 'Best Specialist Retailer - Central & Eastern Europe' for the FOURTH year running at the Decanter Retailer Awards.
Our team is ecstatic to announce that we've won this award for a fourth time. It's a great credit to our winemakers from across central and eastern Europe, as well as from lesser known regions wider afield, and to our team for all their hardwork.
Over the last year, we've continued to invest and grow our range to supply a growing list of keen wine lovers all over the UK. As we progress into Christmas 2022, we're not letting up, importing even more of our own exclusive lines to bring customers the most unique and exciting list of wines.
We've also extended our spirits range, introducing Moldovan brandy, Bulgarian Raki, eau de vie from Greece, and pálinkas from Hungary.
‘Brilliant to buy from’, ‘Supports the local community’, ‘Very successful’, were the judges’ comments on Novel Wines, the dynamic Bath merchant with an outstanding and growing range, which secured it the top position once again this year.
Decanter Retailer Awards judging panel:
nb. Judging information taken from the Decanter website.
- Peter Richards MW is a regular contributor to Decanter, the DWWA Regional Chair for Chile, and Chair of our Retailer Awards since 2013
- Michelle Cherutti-Kowal MW is a wine writer, consultant, educator and WSET lecturer, and was a DWWA 2022 Acting Regional Chair for Tuscany
- Laura Clay is a member of the Association of Wine Educators, an accredited Bordeaux and Rioja tutor, and was UK Champagne Ambassador in 2010
- Leona De Pasquale is a wine educator, writer and translator, and founder of London-based tea and wine training and events company Camellia & Vine
- Simon Field MW was a buyer for merchant Berry Bros & Rudd and now works as a consultant. He is the DWWA Regional Chair for Champagne and the UK
- Vidya Narasimhan is an independent wine consultant and writer with previous international experience in banking and management consulting
Celebrating our win
We've slashed over £20 off this mixed six deal. Enjoy wines from Bulgaria, Georgia, Slovenia, Hungary and Romania for just £80 with free UK-wide delivery. Open a glass of fizz and say cheers to Novel's big fourth win! Woo!