Article: Baked camembert with rosemary
Baked camembert with rosemary
This is a simple idea which makes an incredible sharing starter for any meal. Camembert is baked with rosemary and black pepper until gloriously gooey, and served with crispy golden morsels of bread for dipping. The fresh tang of Sabar Rhein Riesling Lezner is the perfect thing to cut through the richness.
- 1 250g boxed Camembert
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 baguette
- Coarse sea salt
A note on ingredients: this works best with a Camembert that comes in one of those little wooden boxes, but if you can’t get one, pop it into a small ovenproof dish instead.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (170°C fan). Take the Camembert out of the wooden box, remove the plastic wrapping, and pop it back into the box again. Use a sharp knife to cut a large circle out of the rind on the top (leaving a margin round the edge to stop the melted cheese spilling).
- Sprinkle fresh rosemary spears, black pepper and a little drizzle of olive oil over the top of the Camembert, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- When the cheese is nearly ready, cut the baguette into slices about 2cm thick, and toast in the toaster or under the grill. Once ready, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse sea salt and finely chopped fresh rosemary. Serve straightaway.