Fabulous Furmint with Oz Clarke: Virtual Tasting Event, 7.30pm, 4 March 2021
Furmint – Oz Clarke introduces you to the wine world’s latest crush.
Please note: This tasting has been postponed until 4 March 2021 to ensure all guests receive their wine on time. If you have any questions, please call our team on 01225 667311.
The wine world is always thirsting for new experiences, new flavours and new styles of wine. On 25th February everyone's favourite wine expert Oz Clarke will be hosting a virtual tasting discovering the pleasure of Hungarian furmint. This is the most important grape behind the renowned sweet wines of Tokaj, the ‘wine of kings and king of wines’. However, it also produces delicious and complex dry whites and it is those that Oz will be focussing on in the next in our series of virtual tastings.
‘Furmint, the great white grape of Tokaji, is now also finding ways to produce astonishing dry whites quite unlike any others in Europe.’ Oz Clarke
One exciting thing about Furmint is its versatility. It has some similarities to Riesling – able to go from bone-dry, crisp and vibrant; to intensely sweet, always with its hallmark steely acidity. At the same time, it has a touch of Chardonnay’s nature about it producing layered complex, almost Burgundian wines.
Book now and we will arrange to have the following trio of wines sent to you so that you can taste along with Oz (plus a zoom link to access the webinar):
- · Demetervin - Furmint 2017 - Tokaj
- · Zsirai Winery - Szent Tamas single-vineyard Furmint 2018 - Tokaj
- · Juliet Victor - Bomboly single-vineyard Furmint 2017 - Tokaj
- Your place at the tasting is included in the price of the wines. The virtual tasting will be hosted as a webinar on Zoom.
- Your Zoom invitation with a link will be emailed to you at least 24 hours before the tasting using the email address used to process your purchase.
- If the email with the link has not arrived 24 hours before tasting please check your spam folder and if not there then please email email@example.com.
- Your screen name must match your booking with us so that we can ensure the best possible online security for all involved.
- Your access code is unique to your device, therefore, anyone not visible on our list of purchasers will not be allowed to enter the tasting.
Buy your Novel Wines with confidence. Ben and Gyorgy have worked hard to select every wine for its quality, whatever the price. If you're not happy with a purchase then let us know and we'll make good on it. It's part of our Great Taste Guarantee.