Your shopping basket

Cork it, your basket is empty!

Edit your basket
Subtotal £0.00
Delivery fee calculated at checkout

Herdade do Rocim Mariana Red 2018, Portugal

£10.99

Wine profile

Dry red wine

75cl

Medium bodied

14.0% abv

Alentenjo, Portugal

Vegetarian

Vegan

Blend

Touriga Naciona (40%), Aragonez (30%), Alicante Bouschet (20%) & Trincadeira (10%)

Vibrant aromas of red cherries and violets are accompanied by juicy plums and spice on the palate.

Herdade do Rocim Mariana Red is a dry red wine from Alentejo, Portugal. It's a blend of Touriga Nacional, Aragonez, Alicante Bouschet & Trincadeira with 14.0% abv. Suitable for Vegans.

Created by winemaker duo Pedro Ribeiro and Catarina Vieira. 70% of their 120 hectare vineyard is certified organic while the remaining 30% is undergoing transition to organic. The estate is situated on the Vidigueira fault, a 30 mile long east-west facing escarpment which rises to 420 metres. The fault significantly influences the climate, trapping the cool, humid Atlantic winds, so despite its southern location it is one of the most temperate sub regions in the Alentejo. The pair practice minimum intervention and ferment with natural yeasts. Maturation is in large 500 litre oak barrels simply to soften the wine. Deeply coloured red wine with vibrant aromas of red cherry; a hint of fresh violets are complemented by subtle spicy notes on the juicy and silky palate.

From the terraces of the Rocim winery, you can see the tower of Beja castle, reminding us of Mariana Alcoforado, the cloistered nun as she wrote to her lover. Mariana is the author of Letters of a Portuguese Nun, a famous classic of universal literature. "I love you in such a way I don't even dare to wish you will be disturbed by the same overwhelming," she wrote.

Pairs beautifully with: Sausage casserole, lasagne, meatballs and tomato pasta, pizza, grilled octopus, BBQ meats, or root vegetable tagine.

Cheese pairing: Mature hard cheese like Cheddar.

Case Deals:

  • Buy a case of six: Save 5%
  • Buy a case of 12: Save 10%

Select option on Bottle/Case tab before adding to your basket.

About Herdade do Rocim | Grapes Dictionary

Great Tasting Wines Guaranteed by Novel Wines - Buy Wine Online Risk-Free

Buy your Novel Wines with confidence. Ben and Gyorgy have worked hard to select every wine for its quality, whatever the price. If you're not happy with a purchase then let us know and we'll make good on it. It's part of our Great Taste Guarantee.

Wine profile

Dry red wine

75cl

Medium bodied

14.0% abv

Alentenjo, Portugal

Vegetarian

Vegan

Blend

Touriga Naciona (40%), Aragonez (30%), Alicante Bouschet (20%) & Trincadeira (10%)

You recently viewed

Clear recently viewed